Google Chromecast is a great way to stream content at home from your mobile device or tablet straight to your TV. You can stream content directly from apps like Netflix and Disney+.
With a Chromecast, you can use Google TV, which recommends you new shows and remembers all your favorite films and TV shows. The Chromecast has a voice search feature just to save that extra time instead of typing it out on your TV.
If you are having issues with your Chromecast, most problems are easy to fix.
In this post, you’ll find out about how to reset your Chromecast, how to connect it to your wifi, general setup help and much more.
How to reset my Chromecast?
One of the most significant problems users have with a Chromecast is wondering how to reset it. If you’re stuck with an error message, your device isn’t working as it should be, or you can’t connect online, resetting your Chromecast is ideal. Here’s how to reset it in 5 easy steps.
- Open the Google Home app on your phone or tablet, and find your Chromecast.
- Click on the settings wheel icon
- In the top right-hand corner, click on ‘More’
- You’ll be given the option for factory reset, press this and continue
- Your device will now be reset to its factory settings.
In other generations of Chromecast, instead of the option for factory reset, it may say ‘remove device’ rather. Follow the instructions for this.
Factory reset means that all the data from your Chromecast will be erased. This does then mean you will have to go through the set up again. This is worth doing because it can provide a solution for many bugs and issues with the Chromecast.
Remember that to factory reset your Chromecast, both devices need to be connected to the same wifi connection; otherwise, this will not work.
How to factory reset Chromecast without app
It’s easy to reset the Chromecast without needing the app. To do this, you’ll need to find your Chromecast plugged into your TV.
- First, find the small button on the side of your Chromecast. It’s located near the micro USB cable.
- Press and hold this button. Hold for 25 seconds, the LED light on the device will begin to flash.
- You can now disconnect the power supply from your Chromecast, then plug it back in.
- When you next load up your Chromecast, it will be a factory reset.
The Chromecast will be factory reset how it is when using the device for the first time. However, this does mean you will need to set it all up again from scratch.
Factory reset Chromecast – iPhone issue.
If you can’t factory reset your Chromecast on an iPhone, check the Internet connection on your device. You need to be connected to the same wifi signal on your iPhone and Chromecast to factory reset it properly. Check you haven’t connected to the wrong connection accidentally or using mobile data.
Alternatively, you can factory reset your Chromecast without using the app if you are having difficulties.
Chromecast set up
When you first get your Chromecast, you’ll need to plug the micro USB power socket into a power supply and the HDMI into your TV.
Download the Google Home app, here you’ll be able to find your Chromecast. The app will give you a code on your phone. This is to enter into the Chromecast on the setup on the TV. This code will allow both of your devices to be paired. When set up is complete, a message will appear on your screen that says ‘Ready to cast’
From here, it’s easy to stream content from to your Chromecast. Most streaming services are supported with the cast feature.
How to connect my Chromecast to wifi
Once you’ve plugged in your Chromecast to your TV and started it up, instructions on setup will appear in the Google Home app. Download this app, and you’ll be ready to set up your Chromecast.
The app will connect your device to the Chromecast, keep in mind you’ll need to use one wifi connection.
- Find your Chromecast in the Home app.
- Press the settings icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Under the device information, you will see a tab for your wifi connection.
- Press this, and you can find where to forget old wifi connections or reconnect your device.
Why is my Chromecast not working and other queries? Find out more here.
If you need to reconnect your device to the wifi or even change the wifi connection, you will find settings for this on the Home app under device information.
Chromecast audio not working.
If your Chromecast audio is not working, don’t worry. It’s a common problem that many users have. The solution to the problem is straightforward and won’t take long to do. In fact, you can resolve this issue in 6 steps.
- Try unplugging your Chromecast from it’s power supply and HDMI, wait 15 seconds, and plug both back in.
- Check that your HDMI is working. You may find you need to press the Chromecast into the HDMI if it isn’t connected correctly.
- Press Settings in the top right hand corner on the Home app, then press the three dots in the top right-hand corner.
- Please press ‘Reboot’ to restart your Chromecast if the audio isn’t working.
- If you have external speakers for your TV, this can sometimes cause problems for your Chromecast. In the Home app, find your Chromecast, and press the settings icon. Next, you’ll be able to find audio settings. You’ll find an option for resetting the audio, grouping, delayed audio, and more.
- Lastly, try restarting the app you are streaming from. This can often fix any audio issues.
If you’re still unsure of how to fix your Chromecast, please get in touch with us here at Digi Help Desk, as we’d love to help you fix your issue.