Do you need to know how to turn off the demo mode on your Acer tablet? Do you see a “Demo mode” notification randomly appearing on your screen? This guide will help you figure out different ways to turn off or disable the demo mode.
Acer offers many devices for its customers such as tablets, laptops, desktops, monitors, and projectors. It’s an old electronics manufacturer that has fans and users all around the world.
However, their Demo mode feature has been causing a lot of frustration for Acer tablet users. There can be several reasons why your Acer device is triggering the demo mode. Let’s find out the reasons along with the methods that can help you fix this issue.
How Do I Get Rid of Demo Mode On My Tablet?
A lot of users have managed to disable or turn off the Demo mode on their Acer tablets by doing the following troubleshooting methods. We hope that one of these solutions works for you as well.
Check If Demo Mode Is Enabled By Default
If you have bought a new Acer tablet and you can not get it out of the demo mode, you have to check if the mode is enabled by default and then disable it. To do this:
- Tap on the Settings icon on your Acer tablet
- Navigate to the Security option and then tap on Program Administrators
- Scroll and locate the Demo mode option
- If the demo mode option is checked, uncheck it
- Head to the Home screen and verify that the demo mode error is fixed
Update and Upgrade Acer Firmware
There are two ways you can upgrade your Acer tablet firmware.
- If you see a “Firmware upgrade” notification pop up on your screen, tap on it
- Make sure that you are connected to a network and then tap “Download Now”
- Next, tap on OK to start the download and wait for it to complete
- Now tap on the Install Now button to install the latest firmware automatically on your Acer tablet
- The Acer tablet will reboot itself and will display a notification message that the upgrade is successful
- Tap on Ok to complete close the notification box
If you do not get an automatic firmware upgrade message on your Acer tablet, you can check and do it manually in the following way.
- Tap on Apps on the top right side of your tablet’s screen
- Go to the second screen and tap on the Settings menu
- Tap on the About tablet option on the bottom left side of the screen
- Tap on the System update option and then tap on Check Now
- Your Acer tablet will check for the available updates, if an update is available, tap on Download Now and then install it
Boot in Safe Mode
Sometimes, third-party apps force the Acer tablet to go into demo mode. To eliminate this possibility, you can boot your tablet in safe mode and see if that fixes the error.
- Turn off your Acer tablet
- Press the Power button and release it when the Acer logo appears
- After releasing the Power button, immediately hold the volume down button
- Keep pressing the volume down button until the tablet finishes the rebooting process
- If you don’t see a demo message on Safe mode, try deleting the third-party apps one by one in the normal mode and check which one is forcing the tablet into demo mode
- Tap on Settings and then Apps
- Scroll through the apps and look out for any app that says demo
- Delete all the apps that have any relation to the demo feature
Disable Demo Video Option
This quick-fix works for many Acer tablets.
- Go to your Acer tablet’s Settings menu
- Tap on Storage and then Internal storage
- Tap on Apps and look for a demo video option by sliding the screen a little to your right
- Disable the option and restart your tablet
- Verify that the demo mode notification is not showing up on your tablet anymore
Where Is The Reset Button On My Acer Tablet?
The Power button on the Acer tablet is the reset button that allows you to do a soft reset. A soft reset can sometimes fix the demo mode notification, frozen issues, and white screen error by restarting your Acer tablet without having to deal with any data loss.
To do a soft reset, press and hold the Power button until you see the Acer logo show up on your screen.
How Do You Reset an Acer Tablet?
If all of the above fixes fail to eliminate the demo mode error, you may need to hard reset your Acer tablet. Before performing a hard reset, we recommend that you backup all your data present on your tablet.
You can hard reset your Acer tablet by the following two methods.
- Bring up the Apps list from your Home screen and tap on Settings
- Now tap on Backup & Reset and then tap on “Factory Data Reset”
- Next, choose the “Reset Tablet” option and then select “Erase Everything”
- Wait for a few minutes to let the reset process complete automatically
- Turn off your Acer tablet
- Now press and hold the volume up button
- Press the Power button for a few seconds while holding the volume up button at the same time
- Next, release the Power button and continue to hold the Volume up button
- Release the Volume up button when you see the Recovery menu on your screen
- Go to the Wipe Data/Factory Reset by using the volume up and down button to toggle through the different options
- Now press the Power button to choose the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option
- Wait for a few minutes and let the tablet restarts itself
- Complete the initial settings until you see the Home screen and check that your tablet is not stuck in Demo mode anymore
An Acer tablet is a great choice amongst tablets of different brands. However, the Demo mode on the Acer tablet restricts and locks a lot of features that can be otherwise fun to use. Your tablet can pop up a Demo mode notification due to several reasons. We hope that this guide helped you explore these reasons as well as the ways to how to turn off demo mode on Acer tablet.