Why is my TV not responding to the remote?
Your TV may be having issues as well as the remote. To rule this out, the best thing to do is to reset your TV. You can do this by turning off the socket at the wall, unplugging the wire, and then allowing 5-10 minutes before plugging it back in. However, if the issue still occurs, it is likely to be an issue with the remote. Whether you have a Panasonic TV or another brand, these common issues apply to several remotes.
The sensor is blocked
If anything is blocking the sensor on the TV, it may disrupt the connection between the remote and the TV.
The remote needs new batteries
The first fix to try when it comes to your TV not responding is changing the batteries in the remote. This is because your remote may perform differently and only allow certain functions when low on battery.
Remote is too far away from the TV
If you are standing too far away from your TV when trying to use the remote, this may cause connection issues, making your TV unable to communicate with the remote.
Panasonic remote only turns the tv on and off.
If your Panasonic remote is only turning your TV on and off, it may be the case that your controller does need resetting. However, before doing so, it is worth changing the batteries and giving it a cleanout, as even dirt can potentially stop your remote from working. Once you have removed the batteries from the remote, cleaned it out with a cotton bud or microfibre cloth, and you’ve added in fresh batteries. Your remote should be good to go. But if you’re still having issues, you will now need to reprogramme it manually.
Sky Q Upgrade Subscription Error: What Does It Mean?
How do I reset my Panasonic TV remote?
Sometimes the only way to fix your control is by reprogramming it to its factory settings.
If you’re unsure how to do this, here’s how to reset your Panasonic tv remote:
- Remove the batteries from the remote, then press a button to discharge the remote entirely
- Next, you need to insert the batteries, which should activate the LED.
- Following on from this, press the digits 2 and 8 simultaneously within 6 seconds left.
- Finally, you will need to enter the code that matches your device.
The codes for Panasonic are – 007, 107, 416, 516, 608, 618, 718, 807, 901
What do you do when your remote doesn’t change channels?
Sadly if your TV isn’t responding to the remote and no fixes have helped, you may have to switch to another remote. A great way to save money on doing so is to buy a universal remote. All you need to do is programme the remote, and it will work on your Panasonic TV.
If you don’t want to go out and buy a new remote, you can download an app to your phone which works as a controller. However, the functions may be limited. Panasonic has its own app, which allows you to access essential functions such as volume, source and channel. However, it is limited with what TV’s it will work with, but it is available on iPhone and Android devices.
Some of the highest-rated options for apps to work as a replacement Panasonic remote are:
- SURE – Smart Home and TV Universal remote
- Mi Remote Controller – Xiaomi Inc
- Remote for Panasonic from Mobile-Care
- Remote for Panasonic – Oz Shabbatth (this contains ads)
- Universal Remote – Control TV
How do you reset a TV remote control?
Depending on which TV you have and the remote, the way to reset it will be different. However, you will need to find out which buttons to press to activate this in most cases. Then enter a code to pair it back up, some TV’s have multiple codes, so if one doesn’t work, it’s worth trying the others too. The process works the same, whether you’re trying to pair the original remote or a universal remote.
Here are some of the most popular UK brands and their codes:
- HITACHI – 002, 016, 116, 216, 315, 410, 502, 507, 515, 519, 607, 615, 622, 701, 707, 710, 715, 815, 902, 915
- JCB – 801
- LG – 004, 005, 009, 012, 050, 057, 080, 156, 227, 338
- PHILIPS – 002, 009, 020, 109, 122, 202, 209, 210, 222, 310, 322, 402, 510, 807, 822, 901, 914, 917, 919, 922
- SAMSUNG – 002, 012, 102, 103, 112, 212, 502, 512, 818, 914
- SANYO – 002. 412, 506, 522, 612, 619, 902
- SONY – 202, 414, 708, 801
- TOSHIBA – 112, 313, 413, 419, 506, 510, 512, 517, 613, 902
A full list of the codes can be found at Universal Remote Codes Guide.
If your remote still isn’t working, please contact the Panasonic help centre as they may be able to help by offering a replacement. You can contact them here.